Whether you have a specific set of skills you’d like to bring to our organization, or are just looking to get your hands dirty, for just a day or on a long-term basis, we can accommodate individuals and groups of volunteer across a wide variety of departments. Read on to learn more about our opportunities and the benefits of volunteering at The Oregon Garden!
- Step 1: Submit a Volunteer Application.
- Step 2: Interview with the Volunteer Coordinator. Upon receiving your application, we will contact you to set up an appointment. This interview will help us place you as a volunteer.
- Step 3: Attend Volunteer Orientation. These sessions introduce you to The Oregon Garden, our history, policies and procedures.
- Step 4: Begin having a great time volunteering!
At the Garden, it’s so important to us that our relationship with volunteers is a mutually beneficial one. Our volunteers work with us for many reasons, including to gain job experience, learn more about gardening, make new friends and give back to the community. We make every effort to recognize the importance of our volunteers through social events, awards and small acts of gratitude.
- Have fun, meet new people and learn more about gardening.
- Help your community to have a great, peaceful place to learn, reflect and enjoy the beauty of the Garden.
- Free admission to the Garden.
- Volunteer name badge and shirt.
- Recognition and social events.
- Volunteer meetings and training to ensure you have the best volunteer experience possible.
- A variety of discounts and other benefits (minimum of 25 volunteer hours per year).